I had to have No Pasta Italian Salad!
About 6 months ago I finally broke down and bought a spiralizer that I had been wanting FOREVER. And then I let it sit on my table for an entire month. It taunted and guilted me daily as I walked past it but I was too darn lazy to pull it out of the box and give it a try. Then I found this awesome recipe for Pastaless Italian Salad on the Clean Food Crush website. It looked so amazing that I was spurred into action in anticipation of how great this meal was going to be. Plus it is paleo, raw and vegan. It’s a recipe that can make just about anyone happy.
So I washed my new spiralizer, gathered up all the ingredients and threw together this awesome salad. It was everything I imagined and more. I made a few modifications because that is what I do. The recipe with my modifications is below. You can see the original recipe here.
The original recipe suggests making the dressing 24 hours in advance but the first time I made it, I hadn’t read the recipe in advance and it was 3 hours before my gathering. The 2nd time I made it, I forgot. And the 3rd time I made it was on the fly and I didn’t have time. So I tell you all that to say this…It absolutely does taste better on the 2nd day when the spices have all melded together but it still tastes great if you don’t have time to let the dressing sit for a day. So by all means, make this No Pasta Italian Salad even if you don’t have the option of making the dressing in advance.
Tips for Making No Pasta Italian Salad
- So I prefer to make the zoodle noodles using the fettuccine blade that came with the spriralizer but you can also use the spaghetti size blade.
- I often use more artichoke hearts than it calls for because I love them so much.
- I’ve used both marinated artichokes and also those in water. Both are good.
- It tastes good left over.
- It is easy to make vegan by leaving out the honey or substituting maple syrup instead.
- I don’t always follow the exact amounts for the recipe. Sometimes I just throw as much as I want of each ingredient in a bowl and mix it up.
- You can use any color bell pepper. I prefer red, yellow or orange but green is just fine too.
- I like lots of dressing. Sometimes I double it…just because I can.
- Feel free to leave out any ingredients your family does not care for. No tomatoes? No problem!
- You should buy organic whenever it is possible. However zucchinis are a GMO crop in the United States. If you wish to avoid GMO’s you should buy organic.
Learn how to make No Pasta Italian Salad
Check out the printable recipe below. And if you want to see me make it…I was honored that my friend and hero, Leslie at go2kitchens.com, asked me to make this recipe as her guest on the go2kitchens Periscope channel. Click here to view the replay of that broadcast. Check it out…I think I’m a TV star!
Have any questions or comments? Let’s chat below.